Week 3 of Teaching

This will begin my 3rd week of teaching. I told myself I would work this weekend to get ahead of the game and have my plans and materials prepared well in advance for each day of class, but in short, that hasn't come to pass. Friday was spent finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (in book form) for the 2nd time then going to bed early; Saturday morning and afternoon was spent taking standardized tests to prove to the State of New York I am competent in Liberal Arts and Sciences and can therefore be a teacher; Saturday night was spent unwinding in Manhattan (probably not a great decision); and today, after a late wake up, I've been busily planning for tomorrow and the week ahead. I'm not a perfect person, so it looks like I'm right back where I started - just barely getting by to have my lesson for tomorrow ready - anxious for the start of another week.

On that note, I still have a lot to do before I go to sleep - mainly planning for my lessons that will be taught this Thursday and next Monday - so I will leave you for now. Thanks again to everyone who has been keeping up on this blog and my adventures in NYC. Your continued support makes this seemingly impossible challenge somehow possible. Good night my friends.

Quote of the Day: A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. - Lao-tzu

Comments

Popular Posts