Rain on my parade

Today we woke up to the sound of thunder and a pretty bad storm outside. My air conditioning unit was also acting strangely and kept making ominous noises like a gurgling stomach ready to explode. Given the situation, Mark, Charlie and I checked the Cuomo weather report and found out similar conditions were waiting for us there - ergo, we've postponed the trip for a second time. Bummer. 

Last night the italian guys came back, but brought an unwelcome number of new guests with them. I think we're going to request that they not return, at least not in such large numbers. A big group of 18 year old italian guys, many of which can't speak a word of english, doesn't really add to the atmosphere of an international gathering, although the first night they were around we had a really good time.

I think I'm going to use this day to finish my permit of stay and some other things I need to take care of. I really want to start planning trips ahead of time, but have been known to procrastinate as much as the next guy. Perhaps today I can break my habit and get a head start on trips down the road. The good news is that I do have a spot reserved on a bus headed for Munich, Germany on Friday, September 26th. If you're paying attention, that means that I will be celebrating my birthday at one of the largest parties in the world, Oktoberfest. I'm going to try to post some new pictures today as well, so look for a link to those.

Take care everyone, and could someone in Chicago send me an update regarding the Cubs, Bears, and Obama? Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts