We are not alone


Harlem, New York

I am powerful
I am beautiful
With my words, my actions, and my daily resolve, I can change the world 
I am always becoming my best self
I can focus on the big picture with attention to the most minute of details
I am a multi task master
I am inspired by the lives around me, by the unshakeable will of the community, by our relentless push toward progress
I am in love with the human spirit
I am cheesy, I am meek, I am self-depricating
But do not doubt me
I am as strong as invisible steel
I am a teacher, a leader, a good person, a man of great expectations, an amateur poet
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

Do you feel similarly?
Are you as eager as I am to live life voraciously?
You are?
Superb
We are not alone

Comments

Anthony Martin said…
I feel as you do, Josh. Thank for the poem -- I will return to it during the moments in which I do feel alone.

Popular Posts