New Messages Pending and Transatlantic Poetry

Unfortunately, days four through eight are taking quite bit longer than expected to publish; however, I am doing my best to recount them with as much lucidity as they deserve. In the meantime, know this; I have returned to my life in New York City as a humble teacher in the South Bronx with memories of Istanbul inescapably fresh in my mind. I am already a bit nostalgic for my recent trip and hopeful toward future adventures, but am equally happy with the man I am, the work I do, and the opportunities I've been provided.

To leave you with a bit more than a message of "New Messages Pending" - I've enclosed a poem, written thousands of feet above the ocean, composed on my transatlantic return voyage. Enjoy.

Let's get lost in palaces
And raise toasts with foreign chalices
Let's explore the sky and race the sun
And smile broad for everyone
Let's wander and ponder and taste life's flavors
And languor in languages and cultural favors
The world is yours to explore young man
So seek it with fervor without reprimand
And vanquish all fear in your heart
And replace it with humility, curiosity and courage
-the world is yours to explore

Safe travels, wherever you may be...
Josh

Comments

Popular Posts